- We are OPEN for all works including investigations, repairs, servicing & safety checks.
- ALL Plumbing & Heating Problems fixed.
- Experienced, Expert, Professional.
- Local to YOU (KT & TW postcodes).
- Charge by the minute (after 1st hr of a visit).
- Boilers, Leaks, Megaflos, Warm Air, HIUs fixed.
Call us NOW on 0208 607 0449 to find out how we can help you.
See why over 500 other local clients have scored us 9.9/10 !!
- COVID-19 - We are OPEN, however due to the current situation please forgive us for not shaking hands; and let us know if you would like us to wear facemask and/or gloves during any visit.
Ts & Cs and GDPR
- Definitions - "Glow/Our/We/Us" shall mean Glow Maintenance; 'The client/You/Your' shall mean the person who we are carrying out work for or supplying materials to; 'Engineer' means the person we send to do work for the client.
- Jobs on an hourly rate. The total charge to the client will equate to our current rates and the time spent by our engineer on the job - see our 'Charges' page for current charges. It will include all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials. Parts and materials supplied by us will be charged at the trade price plus approximately a 30% handling charge. We have a minimum fee equivalent to 50mins for each visit to allow for travel time, petrol costs etc. VAT is applicable to all charges.
- Materials for a job: We mainly carry everyday stock items on our vans, however if a job requires us to pick up extra materials we can organise for a return visit on a separate day which will allow us to collect additional parts or materials with no cost for travel; If you would like us to collect a part there we may charge you for the travel time it takes to get the part. We will however keep you informed on how long on expected travel time. If the work is carried out as a set price there will be no additional charge for collecting materials unless these are for extra works not detailed in the estimate that you may like us to carry out at that time.
- Fixed Price work. Quotes will include labour and materials VAT is applicable to all charges. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Revision to quotes may occur if: You change the scope of the work; An issue arises, which we would not be reasonably expected to anticipate, that requires additional works to allow us to complete the original quoted works. Extras to the quoted works will be charged at our standard hourly rates unless a further fixed price estimate is agreed.
- Payment - Payment for completed works is due within 7 days of receipt of invoice. For Fixed price works we will require a deposit or possibly a set payment schedule depending on the size of the project; this will be detailed on our estimates. Final payment of all completed works of any kind are due within 7 days of receipt of invoice.
- All calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
- Job Times - Every effort is made to arrive at a job within 30 minutes of the time and date agreed with you, however we cannot accept liability for arriving late or for the late delivery or failure to supply materials.
- You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf.
- Materials purchased as a result of work you instruct us to undertake will be charged to you if you later cancel. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
- Guarantee. We have a 6 calendar month guarantee period on our labour for repairs, this ONLY covers the work we carry out and not new problems caused by other issues; and a 12 months guarantee for new installations if the materials are supplied by us and the duration of the manufacturer's guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, on 0208 607 0449 or in writing, within 30 days of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within 30 days nor let us back in to rectify our work we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
- We CANNOT guarantee our work, parts and equipment supplied to you if:
- They suffer misuse, treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than us.
- We carry out works for you using your materials.
- You instruct us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will be given to you either orally, or in writing.
- We indicate that further works need to be carried out.
- Existing installations are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can we guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases.
- Issues arising during or after works:
- Often during works, other installation faults may become apparent, we would report on these as we find them, and give further options and costs to rectify them as required.
- Sometimes, even though we are extremely careful, we cannot get all water out of pipes without some getting onto the surface below, this may cause spotting on ceilings etc that the client would need to organise to have touched up separately.
- With older systems, pipes and components (especially open vented central heating and open vented Hot & Cold systems), draining systems or other work may cause airlocks or sludge to block other components on refilling; adding to the time and cost.
- If access is difficult, for example cupboards need to be removed; if we are unable to easily turn of water supplies; or other components fail due to wear and tear or old age during the course of our work etc, especially concealed fittings; we are unable to be held responsible for any damage or additional work times and costs this may lead to.
- Joints, components and fittings NOT directly supplied and/or worked on by us are not covered by our guarantee. Soldered joints should be as strong as the pipe they are connected to, and other types of fitting should NOT be installed where inaccessible. If any fittings, joints or components that we have not directly worked on fail; then this would be directly related to poor original installation and as such Glow are unable to be held liable for any damage or further works required to investigate and correct the issue.
- All return visits due to sludge issues, or existing fittings and/or components not supplied and installed by us would be treated as extra works and chargeable at our standard rates.
- We accept no liability for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
- We reserve the right to decline to undertake any work.
- Goods entitlement. Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods. At any time and without notice we shall also be entitled to enter any premises in which our goods, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonably believed to be so. We shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods. However, the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured. Should they require replacement then this additional cost shall also be on the client.
- These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorized representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions act in conjunction with other points made on our estimates, and those terms detailed on individual estimates are also part of our overall terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
This website and all content is provided in good faith. However, we cannot assume any responsibility regarding the accuracy of any content. Any content downloaded or obtained from this website is done at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use does not contain items such as viruses, worms or other items of a destructive nature. The information on this website does not constitute advice, and you should seek advice specific to your circumstances before acting upon anything contained within this website. To the maximum extent permissible in English law, in no event will we be liable to you or any other individual or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages related to any use of this website, its content or on any other hyper linked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, lost sales, lost revenue, loss of goodwill, business interruption, loss of programs or other data even if the users or hosts are expressly advised or aware of the possibility of such damages or losses. All content is provided by the users and hosts on an "as is" basis only. You assume all risk of loss for the use thereof. The users and hosts provide no representations, conditions and/or warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and noninfringement. We are not responsible for the content of linked, external websites.
All content on this website is protected by copyright. You may print off one copy of content from this website for your personal use. You may not reproduce or use content on this website without prior written approval, including for commercial purposes or on another website.
We collect and store your name, address, contact details, including email and phone number; as well as information of the appliances at your property. We do not store credit card details.
We use your data to allow us to efficiently carry out the services provided to you, as well as to remind you of upcoming boiler and appliance service and Gas Safety Certificate dates. We will contact you via phone, email or letter. Should you not wish to be contacted, please let us know at email@example.com
Your data is controlled by Commusoft, our software provider. Neither us nor them share your data with third parties unless required to do so by law. It is currently stored on servers in Canada, the US and Europe.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact Our Information security officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Information security officer will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the ICO and file a complaint with them.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
You have the right to cancel a job up to 1 hour before the due start date with no penalty for labour costs; however, if you have instructed or approved us to purchase parts on your behalf for works that are cancelled by the client at any time and for any reason and we have already ordered the materials, then we reserve the right to charge you for those parts, these would obviously then become your property. We have a 6 calendar month guarantee period on our labour for repairs, this ONLY covers the work we carry out and not new problems caused by other issues; and a 12 months guarantee for new installations if the materials are supplied by us, and the duration of the manufacturer's guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. Boilers are covered by the manufacturer's warranty (see their website for terms and conditions). If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, on 0208 607 0449 or in writing, within 30 days of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within 30 days nor let us back in to rectify our work we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
If you would like to write to us, then our office address is:
Unit 5, 60 High Street, Hampton Wick, KT1 4DB